Get Money for My Club
Your club must be a registered with Student Life and Leadership
- Clyde's Cash
- Amount: $100 per year
- Used for:
- Event Expenses
- Ownership of Funds
- Always in Student Life and Leadership (SLL) control
- The money will not be deposited into club speedtypes, and will not be physically provided to club members
- Not guaranteed each year
- Approved by the Student Government Association in the fall and must be used by mid-May of each academic year.
- SGA Funding
What does the club funding process look like?
- Submission of funding proposal.
- The Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) meets and will approve, edit, or deny your funding request.
- A representative from your club is required to attend the BAC meeting
- The SGA Senate then meets and either approves or sends your funding request back to the BAC.
- A representative from your club is not required to attend the Senate meeting, but it is strongly suggested.
- If no one from the club can attend the Senate meeting, the club can leave a statement with the Director of Finance.
- No later than 30 days after the event the club fills out an event review form on Mountain Lion Connect.
- Clubs that do not complete the event review form will not receive any more funding for the remainder of the school year.
What can I get club funding for?
- Food (limited to $1,200 per event. Maximum of two events per year.)
- Travel expenses (limited to $1,000 for in-state travel and $2,000 for out-of-state travel)
- All events must be advertised with 20 posters displayed on approved public bulletin boards (except travel and conference). All advertising must state “Open to All Students” and “Sponsored by SGA”
- Clubs can request up to 50% of advertising expenses for clothing in order to advertise the event. Clothing is limited to club members.
- Sporting expenses
- Event expenses
What can’t I get funding for?
- Individual membership fees, national affiliations, or state delegations
- Alcohol, tobacco or firearms
- Capital goods
- Personal expenses
- Prizes, giveaways or awards (includes gift cards and gift certificates)
- Faculty, staff, coaches, or instructor expenses
- After-the-fact funding
How much funding can I get?
- Each club can receive a maximum of $3,000 dollars per academic year.
- If your club requires more than $3,000 dollars, you can submit a request outside of the established organization funding process.
- In order to receive greater amounts of money, you will need a Senator to sponsor a bill.
- That bill must then be passed by the Senate and signed by the President.
- President’s Funds for Student Diversity
The President’s Fund is funding to support student programs, events and travel that contribute to the advancement of campus diversity efforts at UCCS.
- Examples of eligible activities:
- Diversity related exhibits and performances
- Celebrations that enhance the university community’s knowledge
- Travel that promotes students professional development
- More information and the funding application can be found here in the Student Life & Leadership Club/ Organization Help and Resources portal in Mountain Lion Connect.
Common Fundraising Types
- The club must state in the Event Registration form that they plan to sell merchandise.
- The UCCS Bookstore must approve all requests to sell merchandise of any type on campus.
- This approval is facilitated through the event registration process and the Student Life and Leadership office.
- Depending on the specific nature of the sale, the club may have to remit sales tax.
- Please contact Tiffany Yep at 719-255-3636 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information.
- A raffle is defined as a game in which a participant buys chances to win a prize with the winner determined by a random method, as determined by rules of the Colorado Licensing Authority.
- Participants may have different chances of winning.
- Only recognized UCCS Clubs may hold raffles.
- Raffles must be coordinated with the Student Life and Leadership Office at least two months in advance.
- For more information, please contact Tiffany Yep at 719-255-3636 or email@example.com.
- A drawing is where everyone has an equal chance of winning.
- Please ensure that you have noted you plan to include a drawing at your event when filling out the event registration form.
Donations of Money
- For any solicitations of donations, an event registration form must be filled out.
- Checks must be deposited at least weekly into the club speedtype account and cash must be deposited daily.
- Donations can be deposited by filling out a deposit form (available in the SLL office).
- Auxiliary services donations
- On-Campus Club Account (speedtype)